Kitty Says: Do not cut the bread! It’ll pull apart easily.
Easy Monkey Bread
Author: Kitty Ritenour
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3- 12 oz. pkgs biscuit dough, refrigerated
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ c. margarine
- 1 c. brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ c. raisins
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bunt or tube pan.
- Mix sugar & cinnamon in a large resealable plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6-8 biscuit pieces in the mixture. Arrange the pieces in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle each layer with raisins & optional nuts. Continue the process until all biscuit pieces are coated & placed in the pan.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, melt the margarine with the brown sugar. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven & let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto serving dish/platter.
Photo courtesy of Betty Crocker Recipes
Monica Says: We had this at a friend’s house for Thanksgiving and loved it so much we made it for Christmas!
Author: Monica Fawver
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 c. flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c. shortening
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ c. milk
- 2 c. fresh or frozen berries
- ½ c. flour
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ c. butter or margarine
- Grease bottom & ½" up sides of a 9"x9"x2" baking pan.
- Combine the 2 c. flour, baking powder, & salt. In another mixing bowl, beat shortening for 30 seconds. Add the ¾ c. sugar.
- Beat on medium to high speed until light & fluffy. Add egg; beat well.
- Add dry mixture & milk alternately to beaten egg mixture, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with fruit.
- Combine the ½ c. flour, ½ c. sugar, & cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden.
Photo Courtesy of Sergey Kukota
Submitted by Trish
|15 oz. solid pumpkin pack
||12 oz. evaporated milk
|¾ c. sugar
||½ c. Biscuit/Baking mix
|2 eggs, beaten
||2 tbs. butter or margarine, melted
|1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
||2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the whipped topping. Transfer to a slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover & cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer inserted reads 160°F.
- Serve in bowls with whipped topping if desired.