An optional serving method would be to place the layers in a punch bowl.
Gary's Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
Author: Gary Floyd
- 14 oz. Gingerbread mix
- 1 pkg. Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 30 oz. Pumpkin Pie filling
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ⅓ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ½ c. Ginger snaps, crushed
- 12 oz. whipped cream
- Bake the two gingerbread mixes according to the directions on the package.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions & set aside to cool. When fully cooled stir in the pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar, & cinnamon into the pudding.
- Pour ½ of the pudding mixture over one gingerbread & add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread & pudding mixture with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed ginger snaps if desired & refrigerate overnight.
Photo courtesy of Gingerbread Couple by sweetopia*
Kitty Says: Do not cut the bread! It’ll pull apart easily.
Easy Monkey Bread
Author: Kitty Ritenour
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3- 12 oz. pkgs biscuit dough, refrigerated
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ c. margarine
- 1 c. brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ c. raisins
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bunt or tube pan.
- Mix sugar & cinnamon in a large resealable plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6-8 biscuit pieces in the mixture. Arrange the pieces in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle each layer with raisins & optional nuts. Continue the process until all biscuit pieces are coated & placed in the pan.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, melt the margarine with the brown sugar. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven & let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto serving dish/platter.
Photo courtesy of Betty Crocker Recipes
Sara Says: Instead of Crispix & Bite-Size Shredded Wheat, use 1 c. each Rice Chex, Corn Chex & Wheat Chex.
Author: Sara Brown
Recipe type: Snack
- 1½ c. Crispix cereal
- 1½ c. animal crackers
- 1½ c. Honey bear-shaped crackers or cookies
- 1 c. Bite-Sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 c. miniature pretzels
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, light or dark
- ½ stick butter, cubed
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Grease an edged baking pan with butter or non-stick spray & set aside.
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, brown sugar & cinnamon until butter is melted. Stir until blended.
- In a large bowl combine Crispix, animal crackers, & honey bear-shaped crackers or cookies. Toss to combine.
- Pour butter over mixture & toss to coat. Evenly spread mixture on the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from heat & allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Photo Courtesy of Lenore Edman on Flickr
Nicole Says: I actually strain the onions out of the soup mix because I don’t like onions.
Easy Peasy Meatloaf
Author: Nicole Lacey
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- ⅔ c. water
- ½ c. bread crumbs
- ⅓ c. ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together in a bowl, form into loaf shape onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Once done, combine the sauce ingredients & spoon over baked loaf.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
Photo Courtesy of jeffreyw