Nicole Says: I actually strain the onions out of the soup mix because I don’t like onions.
Easy Peasy Meatloaf
Author: Nicole Lacey
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- ⅔ c. water
- ½ c. bread crumbs
- ⅓ c. ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together in a bowl, form into loaf shape onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Once done, combine the sauce ingredients & spoon over baked loaf.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
Photo Courtesy of jeffreyw
Via mamichan's Flickr Photostream
Submit your food art or found food art photos to firstname.lastname@example.org!
206 Cal; 1g Fat (6% calories from fat); 6g Pro; 41g Carb; 0mg Chol; 319mg Sod
|1 c. long-grain white rice, uncooked
||½ tsp olive oil
|1 c. onions, chopped
||1 c. celery, sliced
|1 clove garlic, minced
||15 oz. pinto beans, canned, drained, & washed
|8 oz. no-salt-added tomato sauce
||½ c. water
|1 tbsp ketchup
||1 tsp chili powder
|¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat add onions, celery, & garlic. Cook & stir until crisp-tender.
- Add pinto beans, tomato sauce, water, ketchup, chili powder, & hot pepper sauce. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
Submitted by Susy
|1 lb minced beef
||8 oz. tomato puree
|4 tbsp tomato ketchup
||3 oz. peas
|2 carrots (peeled & sliced)
||3-4 large potatoes (peeled & thinly sliced)
|milk & butter to taste
||salt & pepper to taste
- Brown off the mince & the onion, boil carrots & peas, add all ingredients together, cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes in, start boiling the potatoes & add a small amount of milk, butter, salt, & pepper to taste & mash.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the beef mix into a dish & top with mashed potatoes. Cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until the top of the potatoes are browned.
- Serve with baked beans in tomato sauce.
Chef’s Note: If you want to make Shepherd’s Pie, use lamb mince instead of beef & use 3 tsp lamb gravy instead of the beef browning.