Submit your food art or found food art photos to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Submitted by Joe
|1 lb. lean ground beef||½ c. onions, diced|
|15-16 oz. black beans (1 can)||15-16 oz. pinto beans (1 can)|
|14.5 oz. DelMonte Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Mild Green Chiles (1 can)||14.5 oz. DelMonte Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapeños (1 can)|
|11 oz. Green Giant Mexicorn (1 can)||14 oz. beef broth (1 can)|
|1 pkg. Old El Paso Taco Seasoning||1 tbsp salt|
|1 tbsp pepper||½ tbsp garlic powder|
|½ tbsp chili powder||16 oz. sour cream|
|1 pkg. Kraft Mexican 4 Cheese Blend, shredded|
- Dice the onions. Rinse & drain all cans of beans.
- Crumble & brown beef in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Once the meat starts to brown, add salt, pepper, garlic powder & chili powder, stir.
- Add onions & mexicorn, stir. When the meat is fully cooked, add beans & cans of diced tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low, add beef broth, taco seasoning & stir to mix.
- Cover pot & let soup simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, top with spoon full of sour cream & shredded cheese.
Chef’s Note: For red-meat free soup, substitute ground turkey in place of beef & chicken broth in place of beef broth. For vegetarian soup, double the beans called for in place of the meat & use vegetable broth instead of beef or chicken broth.
206 Cal; 1g Fat (6% calories from fat); 6g Pro; 41g Carb; 0mg Chol; 319mg Sod
|1 c. long-grain white rice, uncooked||½ tsp olive oil|
|1 c. onions, chopped||1 c. celery, sliced|
|1 clove garlic, minced||15 oz. pinto beans, canned, drained, & washed|
|8 oz. no-salt-added tomato sauce||½ c. water|
|1 tbsp ketchup||1 tsp chili powder|
|¼ tsp hot pepper sauce|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat add onions, celery, & garlic. Cook & stir until crisp-tender.
- Add pinto beans, tomato sauce, water, ketchup, chili powder, & hot pepper sauce. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.