Marilyn Says: This is a great side dish – goes well with ham.
Cheesy Rice Casserole
Author: Marilyn Braunger
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 c. raw long grain rice
- ¾ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 7 oz. green chilies, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring to a boil 2 c. water (½ tsp salt added). Add rice; stir well & cover. When it comes to a boil, turn to low & cover for 50 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Spray a 3 qt. oven-proof casserole with nonstick vegetable spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes uncovered. Serve hot as a side dish.
206 Cal; 1g Fat (6% calories from fat); 6g Pro; 41g Carb; 0mg Chol; 319mg Sod
|1 c. long-grain white rice, uncooked
||½ tsp olive oil
|1 c. onions, chopped
||1 c. celery, sliced
|1 clove garlic, minced
||15 oz. pinto beans, canned, drained, & washed
|8 oz. no-salt-added tomato sauce
||½ c. water
|1 tbsp ketchup
||1 tsp chili powder
|¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat add onions, celery, & garlic. Cook & stir until crisp-tender.
- Add pinto beans, tomato sauce, water, ketchup, chili powder, & hot pepper sauce. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
Cal 228, Fat 3g, Pro 11g, Carb 39g, Chol 80mg, Sod 726mg.
|2 c. chicken breast strips, cooked & cubed
||1½ c. long-grain white rice, cooked
|3 whole hard-boiled eggs, chopped
||½ c. onions, chopped
|¼ tsp salt
||10¾ oz. low-fat cream of mushroom soup
|¾ c. fat-free mayonnaise
||1 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 2 qt. casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Combine chicken, rice, eggs, onions, & salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in mushroom soup & mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Spoon & spread mixture evenly into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle Rice Krispies over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.