Submit your food art or found food art photos to email@example.com!
Submitted by Robb “Movidude74″ Johnston
|1 lb. pizza dough||¼ lb. Swiss cheese|
|¼ lb. sharp provolone||¼ lb. tavern ham|
|¼ lb. hard salami||¼ lb. slicing pepperoni|
|1 egg||Italian Seasoning|
|Flour||Sweet or Hot Peppers, drained|
- Thaw pizza dough according to directions on package. Roll out dough to about 14-16″ square (if you can only get one side squared, then have that away from you).
- Beat one egg & add Italian seasoning to taste. Brush top of rolled dough.
- Layer the deli selections meat, then cheese, then meat, etc. You can overlap the layer closest to you, but you want to leave an inch or so on the right & left, & 2″ at the edge farthest from you.
- The peppers are optional. If you are adding them, liberally spread a layer just above or below the middle layer of cheese.
- Roll or fold the layers of food away from you.
- Brush on egg mixture on the exposed dough as you go.
- Fold the last bit towards you over the roll of food; fold the loose dough at the sides in to the center. Coat with egg & flip onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Coat all remaining surfaces, even if you slop some on the paper.
- Cut 3 or 4 slices into the top of the loaf about half way deep.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until the dough is browned & cheese is bubbling out of the slices.
- Let the dish rest a few minutes before serving. Slide into 1″ wide slices to serve.
Chef’s Note: Pizza dough is often sold as 2-1 lb. balls of dough, so you might as well make 2. In step 6, I prefer to fold about 3 times, leaving the top edge of dough that you don’t layer exposed. You can freeze the leftovers and reheat it later.
Submitted by Michelle Fawver
|1 lb. caramels, unwrapped||5 oz. evaporated milk (1 can)|
|1 German Chocolate cake mix||¾ c. butter or margarine, melted|
|1 c. walnuts, chopped||6 oz. chocolate chips (1 pkg)|
- Melt caramels & 1/3 c. evaporated milk, stirring constantly.
- Mix by hand cake mix with melted butter & 1/3 c. evaporated milk; add nuts to mix.
- Place approximately 2/3 of cake mixture into an ungreased 9″ x 13″ pan. Press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F. Sprinkle with chocolate chips while hot & pour melted caramels evenly over top, being careful not to get caramel close to the sides of the pan.
- Crumble remainder of cake mixture over top. Bake 18 minutes at 350°F. Do not overbake.