Submitted by Michelle Fawver
|1 lb. caramels, unwrapped||5 oz. evaporated milk (1 can)|
|1 German Chocolate cake mix||¾ c. butter or margarine, melted|
|1 c. walnuts, chopped||6 oz. chocolate chips (1 pkg)|
- Melt caramels & 1/3 c. evaporated milk, stirring constantly.
- Mix by hand cake mix with melted butter & 1/3 c. evaporated milk; add nuts to mix.
- Place approximately 2/3 of cake mixture into an ungreased 9″ x 13″ pan. Press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F. Sprinkle with chocolate chips while hot & pour melted caramels evenly over top, being careful not to get caramel close to the sides of the pan.
- Crumble remainder of cake mixture over top. Bake 18 minutes at 350°F. Do not overbake.