Submit your food art or found food art photos to email@example.com!
Submitted by Robb “Movidude74” Johnston
|1 lb. pizza dough||¼ lb. Swiss cheese|
|¼ lb. sharp provolone||¼ lb. tavern ham|
|¼ lb. hard salami||¼ lb. slicing pepperoni|
|1 egg||Italian Seasoning|
|Flour||Sweet or Hot Peppers, drained|
- Thaw pizza dough according to directions on package. Roll out dough to about 14-16″ square (if you can only get one side squared, then have that away from you).
- Beat one egg & add Italian seasoning to taste. Brush top of rolled dough.
- Layer the deli selections meat, then cheese, then meat, etc. You can overlap the layer closest to you, but you want to leave an inch or so on the right & left, & 2″ at the edge farthest from you.
- The peppers are optional. If you are adding them, liberally spread a layer just above or below the middle layer of cheese.
- Roll or fold the layers of food away from you.
- Brush on egg mixture on the exposed dough as you go.
- Fold the last bit towards you over the roll of food; fold the loose dough at the sides in to the center. Coat with egg & flip onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Coat all remaining surfaces, even if you slop some on the paper.
- Cut 3 or 4 slices into the top of the loaf about half way deep.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until the dough is browned & cheese is bubbling out of the slices.
- Let the dish rest a few minutes before serving. Slide into 1″ wide slices to serve.
Chef’s Note: Pizza dough is often sold as 2-1 lb. balls of dough, so you might as well make 2. In step 6, I prefer to fold about 3 times, leaving the top edge of dough that you don’t layer exposed. You can freeze the leftovers and reheat it later.