Alfredo sauce is one of the best sauces – good on all kinds of pasta!
Uncle Jim's Alfredo Sauce
Author: Vicki Johnson
Recipe type: Sauces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- salt & black pepper
- On medium heat, melt butter & add flour. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to cook flour completely.
- Add cream & broth together, blending well. Add cheeses, parsley, garlic, & wine, stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Add salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy of DenisenFamily
Submitted by Michelle Fawver
|2 pkg corn tortillas (18)
||1 tsp black pepper
|1 lb. ground beef, browned & drained
||1 tsp cumin
|16 oz. chopped tomatoes, drained
||1½ c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
|1 tbsp chili powder
||1½ c. Mozzarella cheese
|1 tsp red pepper
||16 oz. cottage cheese
|2 eggs, beaten
||black olives (garnish)
|green onions (garnish)
- Line bottom of 13″x9″ pan with half the tortillas. Combine ground beef, tomatoes, & seasonings. Spread on top of tortillas.
- Add another layer of tortillas. Mix cottage cheese, 1 c. Cheddar, 1 c. Mozzarella, eggs; spread on top of tortillas.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes. Remove from oven & top with remaining cheeses.
- Garnish with chopped green onions & black olives.
Via Little Food Junction
Submit your food art or found food art photos to email@example.com!
From Favorite Brand Name Recipes, Vol. 7, No. 70, October 12, 2004.
|1 jar (27.5 oz.) Prego© Hearty Meat Sauce – Authentic Italian Sausage
||15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
|¾ c. grated Parmesan cheese
||8 c. hot cooked bow tie pasta (about 7 c. uncooked)
|8 oz. small fresh mozzarella balls (about 1″)
||2 tbsp sliced pitted ripe olives
- Spray 3 qt. shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix 1½ c. sauce, ricotta cheese, ½ c. Parmesan cheese & pasta in prepared dish. Spread remaining sauce over pasta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until hot.
- Arrange cheese balls randomly over pasta mixture. Place sliced olive on each cheese ball. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Chef’s Note: If fresh mozzarella balls are not available, substitute 1 package (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella. Cut crosswise into thirds. Cut each third in 6 wedges, for triangle shaped eyes.
5.8 effective grams of net grams of carbohydrates per serving.
|4 c. eggplant, sliced thin
||10 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
|8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
||1lb. lean ground beef
|½ c. chopped onion
||3 cloves garlic, sliced
|1 c. mushrooms, sliced
||½ c. celery, chopped
|1 tsp Italian seasoning
||16 oz. Low Carb Spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute lean ground beef in frying pan with mushrooms, garlic, onion, celery & Italian seasonings. Fry until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess oil & remove.
- Peel eggplant & slice it very thin.
- Grease bottom & sides of a 9″x13″ glass baking dish with olive oil on bottom & sides. Layer half the eggplant on bottom of pan. Sprinkle eggplant with additional Italian seasoning if desired.
- Layer half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce & half of the provolone (lasagna style). Repeat layering with remaining eggplant, meat, sauce & provolone.
- Spread mozzarella over the top of the casserole, cover with foil & bake for approximately 45 minutes or until done, taking foil off last 5-10 minutes to brown.