Alfredo sauce is one of the best sauces – good on all kinds of pasta!
Uncle Jim's Alfredo Sauce
Author: Vicki Johnson
Recipe type: Sauces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- salt & black pepper
- On medium heat, melt butter & add flour. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to cook flour completely.
- Add cream & broth together, blending well. Add cheeses, parsley, garlic, & wine, stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Add salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy of DenisenFamily on Flickr
Can’t wait to try this! I was just telling my husband last week I’d like to find a good Alfredo recipe so I could quit buying the stuff in jars.
I can’t personally vouch for this recipe though Gary (my uncle) can. I can vouch for this recipe from my husband’s chef uncle – I’ve actually made it (once) and it was good. http://foodaskew.net/2008/03/alfredo-sauce/