Alfredo sauce is one of the best sauces – good on all kinds of pasta!
Uncle Jim's Alfredo Sauce
Author: Vicki Johnson
Recipe type: Sauces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 c. cream
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- salt & black pepper
- On medium heat, melt butter & add flour. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to cook flour completely.
- Add cream & broth together, blending well. Add cheeses, parsley, garlic, & wine, stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Add salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy of DenisenFamily
Submitted by *Vilification*
|3 oz. pancetta (Italian unsmoked cured bacon), chopped
||1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
|1 small onion, fine chopped
||4 garlic cloves, crushed
|2 tbsp fine chopped fresh sage
||8 oz. peeled roasted whole chestnuts, coarsely crumbled
|8 oz. dried flat egg noodles such as tagliatelle or fettuccine
||2 oz. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
|2 tbsp unsalted butter
||1 tbsp fine chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook pancetta in oil in a 12″ heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion & cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic & 1 tbsp sage & cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in chestnuts & remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-qt. pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1½ c. cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander & add to pancetta mixture in skillet.
- Add 1 c. reserved cooking water along with cheese & butter & cook, tossing constantly, over high heat until pasta is well coated (add more reserved water if necessary), about 1 minute.
- Add salt & black pepper to taste & serve sprinkled with parsley & remaining tbsp sage.