Debbie Says: A great old dish. You can use plain or crinkle cut french fries for a fun variation.
Broccoli & Ham Hot Dish
Author: Debbie Kruse
Recipe type: Sides
- 1 bag French fries, frozen
- 1 sm. box frozen broccoli pieces, thawed & drained
- 2 c. ham, cubed
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. milk
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large casserole dish or 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Layer frozen french fries, broccoli & cubed ham evenly on the bottom of your dish/pan.
- Mix soup, mayonnaise & milk together. Pour evenly over other ingredients in baking dish. Spread cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until warmed thoroughly.
Photo Courtesy of Steven Lilley
Marilyn Says: This is a great side dish – goes well with ham.
Cheesy Rice Casserole
Author: Marilyn Braunger
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 c. raw long grain rice
- ¾ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 7 oz. green chilies, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring to a boil 2 c. water (½ tsp salt added). Add rice; stir well & cover. When it comes to a boil, turn to low & cover for 50 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Spray a 3 qt. oven-proof casserole with nonstick vegetable spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes uncovered. Serve hot as a side dish.
Submitted by Michelle Fawver
|2 pkg corn tortillas (18)
||1 tsp black pepper
|1 lb. ground beef, browned & drained
||1 tsp cumin
|16 oz. chopped tomatoes, drained
||1½ c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
|1 tbsp chili powder
||1½ c. Mozzarella cheese
|1 tsp red pepper
||16 oz. cottage cheese
|2 eggs, beaten
||black olives (garnish)
|green onions (garnish)
- Line bottom of 13″x9″ pan with half the tortillas. Combine ground beef, tomatoes, & seasonings. Spread on top of tortillas.
- Add another layer of tortillas. Mix cottage cheese, 1 c. Cheddar, 1 c. Mozzarella, eggs; spread on top of tortillas.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes. Remove from oven & top with remaining cheeses.
- Garnish with chopped green onions & black olives.
Submitted by Monica Fawver
|4 tbsp oil
||8 10″ flour tortillas
|2 tbsp garlic
||4 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
|3 c. cooked chicken, cubed
||1½ c salsa, divided
|1 can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup
||1 box Spanish rice, prepared
|16 oz. black beans
- In a large frying pan, saute the garlic in the oil. Add the chicken, 1 c. salsa, Spanish rice, & black beans. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until filling is hot.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute. Roll ¾ c. filling and ½ c. cheese in each tortilla.
- Place the burritos in a baking dish. Combine the cheddar cheese soup & ½ c. salsa. Pour over burritos.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Chef’s Note: You can also use Monterey Jack cheese or a blend – either work great.
Via mamichan's Flickr Photostream
Submit your food art or found food art photos to email@example.com!