Nancy Says: You can use any range of heat level with the salsa, depending on your tastes.
Nancy's Hot Dip
Author: Nancy Conway
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 16 oz. cream cheese, firm
- 32 oz. salsa
- 14 oz. black olives, sliced
- 4 oz. green chilies, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 box Wheat Thins
- Depending on the shape of your serving plate, arrange cream cheese side by side or one on top of the other.
- Pour chilies, salsa, olives, avocado, & onions (in that order) over the cream cheese.
- Arrange Wheat Thins around outer edge of plate.
Photo Courtesy of Steven Lilley
Marie Says: Green onions are optional. May be served at once, however, it should be partitioned & refrigerated if not served all at once. We love serving it with Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips
Marie Edler’s Taco Dip
Author: Marie Edler
- 2 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pt sour cream
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips
- Mix 1 package of taco seasoning with the sour cream & set aside in the refrigerator. Brown the ground beef with the second package of taco seasoning, drain well & reserve.
- Evenly chop iceberg lettuce to a medium chop & reserve. Dice tomatoes to approximately ½" dice, drain & reserve.
- Slice green onions to a small slice (approximately ¼") & reserve.
- On a large serving platter, evenly spread ground beef mixture. Spread seasoned sour cream evenly on top of ground beef. Top evenly with the chopped lettuce, then diced tomatoes, then the green onions.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Photo Courtesy of midnightcomm
Submitted by Michelle Fawver
|2 pkg corn tortillas (18)
||1 tsp black pepper
|1 lb. ground beef, browned & drained
||1 tsp cumin
|16 oz. chopped tomatoes, drained
||1½ c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
|1 tbsp chili powder
||1½ c. Mozzarella cheese
|1 tsp red pepper
||16 oz. cottage cheese
|2 eggs, beaten
||black olives (garnish)
|green onions (garnish)
- Line bottom of 13″x9″ pan with half the tortillas. Combine ground beef, tomatoes, & seasonings. Spread on top of tortillas.
- Add another layer of tortillas. Mix cottage cheese, 1 c. Cheddar, 1 c. Mozzarella, eggs; spread on top of tortillas.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 40 minutes. Remove from oven & top with remaining cheeses.
- Garnish with chopped green onions & black olives.