Marie Says: Green onions are optional. May be served at once, however, it should be partitioned & refrigerated if not served all at once. We love serving it with Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips
Marie Edler’s Taco Dip
Author: Marie Edler
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pt sour cream
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips
- Mix 1 package of taco seasoning with the sour cream & set aside in the refrigerator. Brown the ground beef with the second package of taco seasoning, drain well & reserve.
- Evenly chop iceberg lettuce to a medium chop & reserve. Dice tomatoes to approximately ½" dice, drain & reserve.
- Slice green onions to a small slice (approximately ¼") & reserve.
- On a large serving platter, evenly spread ground beef mixture. Spread seasoned sour cream evenly on top of ground beef. Top evenly with the chopped lettuce, then diced tomatoes, then the green onions.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Photo Courtesy of midnightcomm on Flickr