Marilyn Says: This is a great side dish – goes well with ham.
Cheesy Rice Casserole
Author: Marilyn Braunger
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 c. raw long grain rice
- ¾ lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 7 oz. green chilies, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring to a boil 2 c. water (½ tsp salt added). Add rice; stir well & cover. When it comes to a boil, turn to low & cover for 50 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Spray a 3 qt. oven-proof casserole with nonstick vegetable spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes uncovered. Serve hot as a side dish.