Submit your food art or found food art photos to email@example.com!
Kickin’ it old school Food Askew, recipes were shared and inspiration occurred! Our chef for this recipe, randilicious, was inspired by SweetIrony!’s Huevos Doritos and his overflowing amount of leftover chili and voila! Decadent Huevos Doritos were born!
Submitted by randilicious
|1 small bag Nacho Cheese Doritos||2 eggs, yolk & white|
|1 egg white||Shredded Cheddar cheese|
|2 – 3 c. randilicious chili|
- Scramble together the 2 whole eggs & 1 egg white.
- Spread chips onto a plate.
- Place scrambled eggs over the top of the Doritos.
- Add shredded cheddar over top, to taste.
- Top with chili.
- Top with more cheese.
Chef’s Note: I actually used a slightly healthier alternative called Cactus Joe 100% Stone Ground Corn Nacho Cheese chips instead of Doritos.
Submitted by SweetIrony!
|1 small bag Nacho Cheese Doritos||2-3 eggs|
|Shredded Cheddar cheese||Taco Sauce|
- Scramble two or three eggs. Crush the Doritos up just a little, & put on the plate.
- Put scrambled eggs over the top of the Doritos. Add shredded cheddar over the top, to taste.
- Top with your favorite taco sauce. Eat.
Chef’s Note: It might sound kind of trashy, but good is good. Taco Bell mild sauce works REALLY WELL.
Submitted by randilicious
|1 large onion, finely chopped||1 green bell pepper, finely chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced||3 roma tomatoes, diced|
|2 tbsp tomato paste||1 tbsp butter|
|¼ c. all-purpose flour||1 tbsp dried oregano, crushed|
|1 tsp basil||1 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp crushed red pepper||½ c. chili powder|
|14.5 oz. whole peeled tomatoes w/ liquid, chopped||1 lb. ground turkey|
|15.25 oz. kidney beans||1 jalapeño pepper|
|2 tbsp Jack Daniels whiskey||salt & ground black pepper to taste|
- Brown the ground turkey w/ ½ large onion, ½ bell pepper, 2 cloves garlic, & 1 tbsp chili powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter until melted. Stir in flour until thickened.
- Combine remainder of onion, green pepper, garlic, & tomato paste. Cover & cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, chili powder, tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, turkey, & Jack Daniels. Cook uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans & cook for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt, pepper, & other spices to taste. Simmer covered over low heat until serving time.
- Goes great over baked potatoes & some cheddar cheese on top.
Terrific for a large group as a main entree or a meaty side dish!
- 1 lb. seasoned ground beef, cooked & drained
- 3 c. chili-cheese corn chips
- 11 oz. mexicorn (drained)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F & use an 8″ square baking dish. Mix cooked beef & corn together & spread half on bottom of dish.
- Top that with half of the corn chips & cheese. Add another layer of the beef & corn.
- Cover with foil & bake about 30 minutes.
- Add another layer of corn chips & cheese & bake about another 5-10 minutes uncovered until cheese is melted.