Submitted by randilicious
|1 large onion, finely chopped||1 green bell pepper, finely chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced||3 roma tomatoes, diced|
|2 tbsp tomato paste||1 tbsp butter|
|¼ c. all-purpose flour||1 tbsp dried oregano, crushed|
|1 tsp basil||1 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tsp crushed red pepper||½ c. chili powder|
|14.5 oz. whole peeled tomatoes w/ liquid, chopped||1 lb. ground turkey|
|15.25 oz. kidney beans||1 jalapeño pepper|
|2 tbsp Jack Daniels whiskey||salt & ground black pepper to taste|
- Brown the ground turkey w/ ½ large onion, ½ bell pepper, 2 cloves garlic, & 1 tbsp chili powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter until melted. Stir in flour until thickened.
- Combine remainder of onion, green pepper, garlic, & tomato paste. Cover & cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, chili powder, tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, turkey, & Jack Daniels. Cook uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans & cook for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt, pepper, & other spices to taste. Simmer covered over low heat until serving time.
- Goes great over baked potatoes & some cheddar cheese on top.