Gary Says: You can substitute buttermilk for the evaporated milk & lemon juice & zest.
Gary's Pioneer Pancakes
Author: Gary Floyd
- 1½ c. cake flour
- 1 tbsp cake flour, reserved
- 1½ c. evaporated milk
- 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- maple syrup
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium to low heat. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, & sugar.
- In another bowl, combine evaporated milk, lemon juice, & lemon zest. Let rest for 4-5 minutes. Add egg, vanilla, & melted butter. Lightly stir to blend.
- Gently combine wet & dry ingredients (wet into dry). Stir to blend ingredients. Add more milk if batter seems too thick. Do not make too thin of a batter.
- Melt a dab of butter on heated skillet/griddle. Drop batter by ¼ cups & cook until golden (approximately 1-2 minutes per side). Serve with softened butter & syrup of choice.
Photo Courtesy of Dvortygirl on Flickr
Submitted by SweetIrony!
|1 small bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
|Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Scramble two or three eggs. Crush the Doritos up just a little, & put on the plate.
- Put scrambled eggs over the top of the Doritos. Add shredded cheddar over the top, to taste.
- Top with your favorite taco sauce. Eat.
Chef’s Note: It might sound kind of trashy, but good is good. Taco Bell mild sauce works REALLY WELL.
Submitted by Trish
|1 c. flour
||1 tsp sugar
|2 tsp baking powder
||¼ tsp salt
|1 egg, beaten
||1 c. milk
|1 tsp vegetable oil
||2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder & salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil & bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop batter onto griddle, using approximately ¼ c. for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.