McMurphy's Kickass Homefries
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ onion
- 2 strips bacon, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper
- Make sure your potatoes are washed & diced. Leave the skin on.
- Put the potatoes in a pot of water, approximately 3 qts, with 1 tbsp of kosher salt on the stove. Turn hear on high & bring to a boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Dice the onion & bell pepper. In a cast iron skillet, render the bacon with the onions & peppers on medium heat.
- Strain potatoes & throw into the cast iron skillet with the peppers & onions & a pat of butter.
- Really mash down with the weight of another skillet, & set on medium-medium low heat until you finish cooling the rest of your breakfast, about 5-10 minutes. The bottom should form a nice crust on it.
- Salt & pepper to taste. Add a dash of hot sauce if you like.