5.8 effective grams of net grams of carbohydrates per serving.
|4 c. eggplant, sliced thin||10 oz. provolone cheese, sliced|
|8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded||1lb. lean ground beef|
|½ c. chopped onion||3 cloves garlic, sliced|
|1 c. mushrooms, sliced||½ c. celery, chopped|
|1 tsp Italian seasoning||16 oz. Low Carb Spaghetti sauce|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute lean ground beef in frying pan with mushrooms, garlic, onion, celery & Italian seasonings. Fry until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess oil & remove.
- Peel eggplant & slice it very thin.
- Grease bottom & sides of a 9″x13″ glass baking dish with olive oil on bottom & sides. Layer half the eggplant on bottom of pan. Sprinkle eggplant with additional Italian seasoning if desired.
- Layer half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce & half of the provolone (lasagna style). Repeat layering with remaining eggplant, meat, sauce & provolone.
- Spread mozzarella over the top of the casserole, cover with foil & bake for approximately 45 minutes or until done, taking foil off last 5-10 minutes to brown.