Submitted by Joe
|1 lb. lean ground beef||½ c. onions, diced|
|15-16 oz. black beans (1 can)||15-16 oz. pinto beans (1 can)|
|14.5 oz. DelMonte Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Mild Green Chiles (1 can)||14.5 oz. DelMonte Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapeños (1 can)|
|11 oz. Green Giant Mexicorn (1 can)||14 oz. beef broth (1 can)|
|1 pkg. Old El Paso Taco Seasoning||1 tbsp salt|
|1 tbsp pepper||½ tbsp garlic powder|
|½ tbsp chili powder||16 oz. sour cream|
|1 pkg. Kraft Mexican 4 Cheese Blend, shredded|
- Dice the onions. Rinse & drain all cans of beans.
- Crumble & brown beef in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Once the meat starts to brown, add salt, pepper, garlic powder & chili powder, stir.
- Add onions & mexicorn, stir. When the meat is fully cooked, add beans & cans of diced tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low, add beef broth, taco seasoning & stir to mix.
- Cover pot & let soup simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, top with spoon full of sour cream & shredded cheese.
Chef’s Note: For red-meat free soup, substitute ground turkey in place of beef & chicken broth in place of beef broth. For vegetarian soup, double the beans called for in place of the meat & use vegetable broth instead of beef or chicken broth.