Submitted by Susy
|1 lb minced beef||8 oz. tomato puree|
|4 tbsp tomato ketchup||beef browning|
|1 onion||3 oz. peas|
|2 carrots (peeled & sliced)||3-4 large potatoes (peeled & thinly sliced)|
|milk & butter to taste||salt & pepper to taste|
- Brown off the mince & the onion, boil carrots & peas, add all ingredients together, cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes in, start boiling the potatoes & add a small amount of milk, butter, salt, & pepper to taste & mash.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the beef mix into a dish & top with mashed potatoes. Cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until the top of the potatoes are browned.
- Serve with baked beans in tomato sauce.
Chef’s Note: If you want to make Shepherd’s Pie, use lamb mince instead of beef & use 3 tsp lamb gravy instead of the beef browning.