An optional serving method would be to place the layers in a punch bowl.
Gary's Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
Author: Gary Floyd
Recipe type: Dessert
- 14 oz. Gingerbread mix
- 1 pkg. Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 30 oz. Pumpkin Pie filling
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ⅓ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ½ c. Ginger snaps, crushed
- 12 oz. whipped cream
- Bake the two gingerbread mixes according to the directions on the package.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions & set aside to cool. When fully cooled stir in the pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar, & cinnamon into the pudding.
- Pour ½ of the pudding mixture over one gingerbread & add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread & pudding mixture with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed ginger snaps if desired & refrigerate overnight.
Photo courtesy of Gingerbread Couple by sweetopia*.