Sara Says: Instead of Crispix & Bite-Size Shredded Wheat, use 1 c. each Rice Chex, Corn Chex & Wheat Chex.
Author: Sara Brown
Recipe type: Snack
- 1½ c. Crispix cereal
- 1½ c. animal crackers
- 1½ c. Honey bear-shaped crackers or cookies
- 1 c. Bite-Sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 c. miniature pretzels
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, light or dark
- ½ stick butter, cubed
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Grease an edged baking pan with butter or non-stick spray & set aside.
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, brown sugar & cinnamon until butter is melted. Stir until blended.
- In a large bowl combine Crispix, animal crackers, & honey bear-shaped crackers or cookies. Toss to combine.
- Pour butter over mixture & toss to coat. Evenly spread mixture on the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from heat & allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Photo Courtesy of Lenore Edman on Flickr