Kitty Says: Do not cut the bread! It’ll pull apart easily.
Easy Monkey Bread
Author: Kitty Ritenour
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3- 12 oz. pkgs biscuit dough, refrigerated
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ c. margarine
- 1 c. brown sugar, tightly packed
- ½ c. raisins
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bunt or tube pan.
- Mix sugar & cinnamon in a large resealable plastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6-8 biscuit pieces in the mixture. Arrange the pieces in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle each layer with raisins & optional nuts. Continue the process until all biscuit pieces are coated & placed in the pan.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, melt the margarine with the brown sugar. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven & let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto serving dish/platter.
Photo courtesy of Betty Crocker Recipes on Flickr.