Submit your food art or found food art photos to email@example.com!
Submitted by Brad Waller
|15 oz. corn (1 can)||15 oz. tomatoes (1 can)|
|16 oz. fat free refried beans (1 can)||15 oz. black beans (1 can)|
|15 oz. black olives (1 can)||6 flour tortillas|
|8 oz. salsa||1 lb. jalapeno jack cheese|
- Slice the olives using an egg/mushroom slicer.
- Divide the diced tomatoes in half.
- Save ½ the can of tomatoes & combine the rest of the cans in a large bowl. Add the salsa & cheese (grated).
- Grease (or spray with Pam) a large round casserole dish approximately the diameter of the tortillas & lay down the first tortilla. Spoon a layer of mix & repeat the layering until you are out of mix. Add the last tortilla & the reserved tomatoes & some more cheese, if you like.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F. Slice into 8 pieces & serve.
Chef’s Note: Ounce measurements are estimated. Basically just use one can of each of the ingredients. Calories are higher than I thought for this, as the olives add minimal volume & lots of calories from fat. Call it 375 calories if divided in 8, 500 if by 6. Use whole wheat tortillas, skip the olives, & use low fat cheese & this might be healthy.
ThePopcornFactory.com is kicking off the summer offering $5 off all orders until June 30, 2008. Just use the coupon JUNE58 for the discount.
The Popcorn Factory offers fun gifts for every occasion. Right now they’re offering differently themed tins of popcorn from Independence Day, Graduation, Father’s Day, and more. Stop by and give them a try!
Submitted by Trish
|5 tbsp margarine, softened||¼ c. masa harina flour|
|1/3 c. sugar||2 c. corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thawed)|
|½ c. cornmeal||½ c. water|
|1 tsp baking powder||½ tsp salt|
|2 tbsp milk||1 tsp milk|
- In a small bowl, mix the margarine, masa, & sugar with a mixer until light & fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Blend ½ the corn kernels with the water in a blender until smooth.
- Combine with margarine mixture, stirring well.
- Add the remaining corn, cornmeal, baking powder, salt & milk.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil.
- Pour the mixture into an 8″ baking dish.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap & set atop the saucepan of boiling water.
- Keep pan tightly wrapped & steam for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Check water level often, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Chef’s Note: This has also been made in the oven, setting the pan in a water bath. Not sure of the temperature or time.
Submitted by AnyasMom
|1¾ c. water||14 oz. chicken broth|
|½ lb. cut up boneless chicken||2 tsp chili powder|
|1-2 c. salsa||11 oz. corn|
|3 c. tortilla chips, broken||½ c. Monterey Jack cheese|
- In a saucepan, combine water, chicken, broth, & chili powder; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & cover for 8-10 minutes until chicken is done. Add corn & simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa & cook another 10-15 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Top with tortilla chips & cheese.