Submitted by Trish
|5 tbsp margarine, softened||¼ c. masa harina flour|
|1/3 c. sugar||2 c. corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thawed)|
|½ c. cornmeal||½ c. water|
|1 tsp baking powder||½ tsp salt|
|2 tbsp milk||1 tsp milk|
- In a small bowl, mix the margarine, masa, & sugar with a mixer until light & fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Blend ½ the corn kernels with the water in a blender until smooth.
- Combine with margarine mixture, stirring well.
- Add the remaining corn, cornmeal, baking powder, salt & milk.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil.
- Pour the mixture into an 8″ baking dish.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap & set atop the saucepan of boiling water.
- Keep pan tightly wrapped & steam for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Check water level often, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Chef’s Note: This has also been made in the oven, setting the pan in a water bath. Not sure of the temperature or time.