How do you like your Thanksgiving dinner? Do you go with the traditional roast turkey and all the fixings, do you buck tradition in little ways like deep frying your bird, or do ignore tradition entirely and head out for exotic cuisines from far off lands? While Thanksgiving is mostly about family and food, there are other traditions. Football, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and many other events vie for our attention on that fourth Thursday of November.
This November, BigOven is starting a #FoodFight, asking cooks to sound off on the big Thanksgiving questions on our blog, Facebook and Twitter. BigOven will propose a Thanksgiving-oriented debate each day, and America’s cooks will weigh in. Results will be posted with related recipes, menus and tips from BigOven, a top-rated recipe and organization website and app with a database of 350,000+ recipes.
The #FoodFight encompasses both food and social debates:
- TV allowed or no TV allowed?
- Do you like to host or visit others?
- Are sweet potatoes better with marshmallows, or does this classic belong locked in the 1950’s?
BigOven will ask cooks to sound off on:
- Turkey versus turducken
- Green bean casserole, canned versus homemade cranberry sauce
- Various other food-related debates that rage on during Thanksgiving planning.
Go on over & join the conversations!