Gary Says: The meatballs may be stored, covered, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to finish cooking. You can also use this mixture to make hamburgers for grilling.
Grandpa Gary's Meatballs
Author: Gary Floyd
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 lbs. ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 2 eggs, gently beaten
- ½ c. seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ c. oatmeal (uncooked)
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pkg. onion soup/dip mix
- 4-8 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. fresh parsley
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- cooking oil of choice
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef with ground pork. Mix thoroughly together to combine. Be sure to wash your hands afterwards if you mix with your hands.
- Blend eggs, bread crumbs, oatmeal, Parmesan cheese, onion soup mix, garlic, parsley, & Italian seasoning. Using your hands, thoroughly mix these in with the meat.
- Take the mixture & form into balls. Set aside & cover with a towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the cooking oil of your choice & butter until the butter starts to foam. Place meatballs one at a time into the skillet & keep rolling around to brown on all sides evenly.
- Set aside the browned meatballs on a paper towel lined plate to drain. You can now add the meatballs to your sauce to finish cooking.
Submitted by Robb “Movidude74” Johnston
|1 lb. ground beef
||1 egg, slightly beaten
|2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
||¼ c. rice, uncooked
|1 tbsp parsley, snipped
||½ tsp salt
|½ c. water
||1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
|10 ¾ oz. condensed tomato soup (1 can)
||dash of pepper
- Combine meat, rice, egg, parsley, onion, salt, pepper, & ¼ c. tomato soup.
- Mix thoroughly & shape in about 20 small balls & place in a skillet.
- Mix remaining soup, water, & sauce; pour over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil & reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often.
Submitted by Caaien
Serves Approx. 24
|1lb. ground sirloin
||2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
|1 large egg
||½ c. Italian bread crumbs
|¼ c. shredded Romano, Parmesan, & Asiago cheese blend
||1 tsp McCormick California Style Crushed Garlic
|salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Roll into ½” balls.
- Place on greased sheet or shallow pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until no longer pink.