Gary Says: The meatballs may be stored, covered, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to finish cooking. You can also use this mixture to make hamburgers for grilling.
Grandpa Gary's Meatballs
Author: Gary Floyd
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 lbs. ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 2 eggs, gently beaten
- ½ c. seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ c. oatmeal (uncooked)
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pkg. onion soup/dip mix
- 4-8 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. fresh parsley
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- cooking oil of choice
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef with ground pork. Mix thoroughly together to combine. Be sure to wash your hands afterwards if you mix with your hands.
- Blend eggs, bread crumbs, oatmeal, Parmesan cheese, onion soup mix, garlic, parsley, & Italian seasoning. Using your hands, thoroughly mix these in with the meat.
- Take the mixture & form into balls. Set aside & cover with a towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the cooking oil of your choice & butter until the butter starts to foam. Place meatballs one at a time into the skillet & keep rolling around to brown on all sides evenly.
- Set aside the browned meatballs on a paper towel lined plate to drain. You can now add the meatballs to your sauce to finish cooking.