Submitted by Ali
If you are looking for a way to spice up basic meat dishes like grilled steak, baked chicken, or sautéed shrimp, marinate them in an oil-based salad dressing. Any variety of Italian or Vinagrette will do. The oil helps to keep the meat moist & the flavorings will add that little zip you are looking for to fancy it up. It’s like the instant marinade in a bottle. With so many varieties these days you can try different ones to find your own favorite recipe.
Submitted by randilicious
|2 tsp cayenne pepper
||2 tsp lemon pepper
|2 tsp garlic powder (or fresh)
||1 lb catfish fillets
|½ c. Italian salad dressing
||2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, & garlic powder.
- Brush both sides of catfish fillets with butter. Rub fillets with the pepper mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until really hot. Add fillets, & fry approximately 2 minutes on each side until slightly blackened.
- Arrange blackened fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, & coat with Italian dressing. Bake 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve over freshly steamed rice & lightly sauteed vegetables on the side.