Submitted by randilicious
Serves a lot
|1 large onion, finely chopped||4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 green bell pepper, finely chopped||1 jalapeno pepper|
|2 tbsp tomato paste||2 tbsp butter, cut into pieces|
|¼ c. all-purpose flour||1 tbsp dried oregano, crushed|
|1 tsp ground cumin||2 tsp crushed red pepper|
|½ c. chili powder||14.5 oz. diced tomatoes with liquid (1 can)
|1 lb lean ground turkey||15.25 oz. kidney beans, drained and rinsed (1 can)
|2 tbsp Jack Daniels whiskey||salt & ground black pepper to taste|
- Brown the ground turkey with ½ the onion, ½ the garlic (2 cloves), & 1 tbsp chili powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine remainder of onion, garlic, & tomato paste. Cover & cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted. Stir in flour, oregano, cumin, red pepper, chili powder, tomatoes, beef, & Jack Daniels. Cook uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans & cook for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt, pepper, & other spices to taste.
- Simmer covered at low heat until serving time.