Michelle Says: This is better than pickle relish!
Author: Michelle Fawver
Recipe type: Condiments
- 10 c. small-medi zucchini
- 4 c. onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 tbsp salt
- 2½ c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Grind or chop finely the zucchini, onions, red & green peppers. Add salt.
- Let stand in a covered bowl overnight. After letting stand, drain & rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Add remainder of ingredients. Cook 30 minutes until hot & lightly bubbling, stirring often.
- To seal in jars, place mixture into scalding pint jars. Close with hot seals & place, upside down, on a clean town until cool.
Photo Credit: Katrin Gilger | Flickr
Submitted by The Crab Place
|3 tbsp all-purpose flour
||1 oz. dry Hollandaise sauce mix
|½ tsp dry mustard
||4 c. half and half
|¼ c. butter
||2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
|¼ tsp celery seeds
||1 c. whipping cream
|1½ tbsp cooking sherry
||1 lb. Maryland crab meat
- In a medium bowl, blend flour, Hollandaise sauce mix, & dry mustard with two cups of half and half.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 4 qt. saucepan. Slowly add above mixture to melted butter, stirring constantly to ensure smooth consistency.
- As the mixture begins to thicken, add remaining half and half, Old Bay seasoning, celery seeds, & whipping cream. Heat to simmer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, add crab meat & sherry. Stir gently until heated through & serve.
- Top each bowl with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Note: Submitted to The Crab Place by Phoebe Ferguson of Crisfield, MD.