Submitted by The Crab Place
|3 tbsp all-purpose flour||1 oz. dry Hollandaise sauce mix|
|½ tsp dry mustard||4 c. half and half|
|¼ c. butter||2 tsp Old Bay seasoning|
|¼ tsp celery seeds||1 c. whipping cream|
|1½ tbsp cooking sherry||1 lb. Maryland crab meat|
- In a medium bowl, blend flour, Hollandaise sauce mix, & dry mustard with two cups of half and half.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 4 qt. saucepan. Slowly add above mixture to melted butter, stirring constantly to ensure smooth consistency.
- As the mixture begins to thicken, add remaining half and half, Old Bay seasoning, celery seeds, & whipping cream. Heat to simmer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, add crab meat & sherry. Stir gently until heated through & serve.
- Top each bowl with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Note: Submitted to The Crab Place by Phoebe Ferguson of Crisfield, MD.