Recipes, Tips, & Reviews from home cooks better than I am.
Author: Marilyn Braunger
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 c. butter flavored Crisco
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 c. flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Colored Sugar
- Blend Crisco & sugar; add egg & mix well. Add remaining ingredients & blend.
- Roll into walnut size balls. Roll into colored sugar & flatten with a glass.
- Bake 7-10 minutes in preheated 350°F oven.
Photo Courtesy of Elizabeth Murphy
Submitted by Trish
|½ c. butter
|2 tsp cream of tartar
||2 tsp cinnamon
|½ c. shortening
||2¾ c. flour
|¼ tsp salt
||1½ c. sugar
|1 tsp baking soda
||2 tbsp sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Mix butter, shortening, 1½ c. sugar & eggs.
- Blend in flour, cream of tartar, salt & baking soda.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.
- Mix 2 tbsp sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll dough balls in cinnamon & sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on an un greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 min. or until set. Immediate remove from sheet & cool.