Jen Says: We like the Jimmy Dean brand of sausage and prefer Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits. If the gravy ends up too thick, add more milk.
Jen Goode blogs about creativity in every direction at 100Directions.com. She wrote more about her Breakfast Sausage Gravy there!
Jen's Breakfast Sausage Gravy
Author: Jen Goode
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. maple sausage
- 5 c. milk
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1 tsp seasoned pepper
- Dash of garlic herb seasoning
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Drain the grease. Put it in a food processor & chop to fine pieces. Set aside.
- Add 4 c. of milk to the skillet, stirring in the beef bouillon, seasoned pepper, and garlic herb seasoning. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in sausage, add the remaining milk, & simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 c. of warm water with 1 tbsp of flour. Stir until well mixed. Continue to add flour, 1 tbsp at a time, until the consistency of the mixture is that of a thick cake batter. Pour the flour/water mixture into the skillet & stir thoroughly until the gravy begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat & pour generously over freshly baked biscuits. Serve.