Jen Says: We like the Jimmy Dean brand of sausage and prefer Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits. If the gravy ends up too thick, add more milk.
Jen's Breakfast Sausage Gravy
Author: Jen Goode
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. maple sausage
- 5 c. milk
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 1 tsp seasoned pepper
- Dash of garlic herb seasoning
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Drain the grease. Put it in a food processor & chop to fine pieces. Set aside.
- Add 4 c. of milk to the skillet, stirring in the beef bouillon, seasoned pepper, and garlic herb seasoning. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in sausage, add the remaining milk, & simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 c. of warm water with 1 tbsp of flour. Stir until well mixed. Continue to add flour, 1 tbsp at a time, until the consistency of the mixture is that of a thick cake batter. Pour the flour/water mixture into the skillet & stir thoroughly until the gravy begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat & pour generously over freshly baked biscuits. Serve.