Submitted by Hazel Morgan
Editor’s Note: This recipe has also appeared elsewhere but is being shared with permission.
American Q's Bourbon + Bacon Hot Chocolate
Author: Hazel Morgan
Recipe type: Cocktails
- ¼ c.cocoa powder
- ½ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. water
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 3 oz. bacon fat
- 4 oz. bourbon
- 4 pcs. American Q Swine Candy
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Heat all ingredients except for bourbon & bacon fat in a saucepan, do not boil.
- Whisk until incorporated.
- Once mixed well, remove from heat & whisk in bacon fat until frothy. Add bourbon.
- Serve in mugs with a dollop of whipped cream, crumbled swine candy, & a garnish of ½ piece of swine candy.