Via twinkleboi's Flickr Photostream
Submit your food art or found food art photos to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Submitted by Ruth
|1 c. button mushrooms
||1 leek, thinly sliced
|5 slices good bacon, finely diced
||2½ c. (600mL) light cream
|½ c. good white wine
||¼ c. FRESH Parmesan
|Pasta for 4; whatever you like best. Veal tortellini
||Fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, flat parsley
|works very well.
||1 tbsp olive oil (may not need it)
- Cook enough pasta for 4 people following the directions on the pkg.
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat. If you don’t have non-stick pans, use approximately 1 tbsp of olive oil to coat the pan.
- When the pan is warm, add the bacon & cook until well browned & crispy. Add mushrooms & leek to the pan & cook until the leek is transparent & mushrooms have wilted.
- Add white wine to this mixture. Add cream & stir thoroughly. Turn down to simmer & leave for 10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan & fresh herbs. Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta to pan & stir through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs & serve with a crispy side salad.