Submitted by Ruth
|1 c. button mushrooms||1 leek, thinly sliced|
|5 slices good bacon, finely diced||2½ c. (600mL) light cream|
|½ c. good white wine||¼ c. FRESH Parmesan|
|Pasta for 4; whatever you like best. Veal tortellini||Fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, flat parsley|
|works very well.||1 tbsp olive oil (may not need it)|
- Cook enough pasta for 4 people following the directions on the pkg.
- Heat a large non-stick pan to medium heat. If you don’t have non-stick pans, use approximately 1 tbsp of olive oil to coat the pan.
- When the pan is warm, add the bacon & cook until well browned & crispy. Add mushrooms & leek to the pan & cook until the leek is transparent & mushrooms have wilted.
- Add white wine to this mixture. Add cream & stir thoroughly. Turn down to simmer & leave for 10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan & fresh herbs. Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta to pan & stir through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs & serve with a crispy side salad.