Submitted by TheRob
|1 lb ground sirloin||1 lb ground beef|
|½ lb thick cut bacon||1 pkg mild or hot chili season mix|
|1 pkg Original Chili season mix||1-16 oz can Red Beans (or chili beans)|
|2-16 oz cans Seasoned Diced tomato sauce||salt & pepper|
|paprika||chipotle hot sauce (optional)|
|hot sauce||¼ c. sugar|
|¼ c. dark brown sugar|
- Add red beans & tomatoes to a large pot. Set to low. Brown ground sirloin in a skillet on medium-high. Add salt & pepper to season. Just a little bit, be sensible.
- Now is the good part. Take a couple of pinches of your sugar & add to the browning sirloin. Do the same with the brown sugar. If there is a good amount of fat/grease, drain. Leave a little to help with the chili mix.
- Add the Original Chili season mix to the ground sirloin. Add to the pot with red beans & tomatoes.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Once again add salt & pepper, pinches of brown & regular sugar.
- Take chipotle hot sauce & regular hot sauce & add a couple of shakes around the browning beef. (How much you add here determines the real hotness of the chili. None to little for just a sweet & mild chili or more for sweet & hot, & a good amount like me for the real sweet & fire in your mouth!!)
- Keep the fat/grease & add to pot with red beans, tomatoes, & ground sirloin. Add mild/hot chili seasoning. Slice the bacon into smaller bite sized pieces.
- In skillet take the thick sliced bacon pieces & cook in previous fat/grease that is left & the seasoning. As the bacon is cooking, add the rest of the sugars to the pot with everything else. When the bacon is finished, add to pot & let simmer.
- Enjoy with saltine crackers.
Chef’s Note: “Fucking copyrighted”