Submitted by MoonSpinner
|6 large wheat or flour tortillas||1 tub spreadable green onion cream cheese|
|1 can black olives||1 box pre-cooked bacon (approx. 12 slices)|
|1 pkg deli thin smoked ham||salt to taste|
- Lay tortillas out flat; spread a thick layer of cream cheese.
- Spread a layer of chopped black olives.
- Place 3-4 slices of the thin ham (spread flat for easy rolling later).
- Heat bacon for 20 seconds until warm (DO NOT OVERCOOK – hard bacon will not roll well) & place on tortillas in the opposite direction of how you will roll to ensure that when you cut the rollups every piece will have bacon.
- Roll up tightly, then slice into 5 pieces & secure with a toothpick.
- Best if served at room temperature, but are great to make ahead for parties & store in fridge overnight.
Chef’s Note: Make sure to use pre-cooked bacon; it works best because of the thinness & flexibility. For a lighter version, substitute deli thin smoked turkey for ham. turkey bacon if you find it uber-thin, & low-fat cream cheese.