Fig & Olive Tapenade
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 c. dried figs, chopped
- ½ c. water
- ⅔ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
- ⅓ c. toasted walnuts, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine figs & water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil & cook until tender, and liquid has reduced.
- Remove from heat & stir in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, & cayenne.
- Add olives & garlic, & mix well. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover & refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Unwrap cream cheese block & place on a serving platter. Spoon tapenade over cheese, & sprinkle with walnuts. Serve with slices of French bread or crackers.
Photo Courtesy of Meal Makeover Moms on Flickr