Gary Says: We tried this recently and it was terrific!
Crockpot Mac N' Cheese
Author: Gary Floyd
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 16 oz. large elbow macaroni
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil macaroni in water until al dente. Reserve ¼ c. cheddar cheese.
- Beat the 3 eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix evaporated milk, remaining cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Velveeta, eggs, salt & pepper. Add the cooked macaroni & mix until well blended. Pour mixture into appropriate sized Crockpot or other slow cooker. Top the mixture with your reserved cheddar cheese.
- Cook at Low setting for 3-4 hours.
Photo Courtesy of Gail on Flickr