Submitted by randilicious
|3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil||1 lb ground pork|
|¼ c. brown bean sauce||2 tbsp sugar|
|¼ c. beer||1 lb Chinese noodles (non egg-based)|
|¼ c. chopped scallions||½ c. shredded cucumbers|
|3 cloves garlic, minced||1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|¼ c. bean sprouts (optional)||1 pkg tofu, chopped into small pieces (optional)|
- Heat the oil in the wok. When oil is ready, add the garlic, then the pork. Brown evenly. If so desired, add tofu after pork has been browned.
- In a separate bowl, mix beer & brown been sauce. Blend well.
- Add the bean sauce mixture to the ground pork.
- Sprinkle sugar & red pepper flakes into sauce. Stir until the sauce is piping hot. Reduce heat & allow to simmer uncovered.
- As sauce simmers, in a separate pot, boil noodles in water for approximately 3 minutes. Drain the noodles.
- To serve, put noodles into a bowl, then spoon sauce over noodles. Garnish generously with scallions, bean spouts, & cucumber on top.
Chef’s Note: You can find the brown bean sauce in most Asian grocery stores.