Submitted by MoonSpinner
|1½ Blocks Philadelphia Cream Cheese||2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|½ to 1 c. green onions or Vidalia onions||1 pkg. ham slices (not thin cut)|
- Heat cream cheese in microwave until smooth & warm, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to warm cream cheese mixture. You can vary the cheese mixture depending on how much of a cream cheese taste you want. If you want more of a sharp cheddar taste, add more shredded cheese.
- Stir until blended smooth, which may require additional heating. (Mixture should be a light orange color)
- Stir in green onions to mixture.
- While still warm, drop a spoonful of mixture onto one end of ham slice. Also spread a very thin layer of cheese picture across rest of ham slice (this will make the roll stick together.
- Tightly roll ham up pushing cheese mixture through slice evenly. Cheese mixture should stick ham roll together.
- Once rolled, refrigerate ham rolls flap side down for 3-4 hours until solid.
- Once solid, slice rolls up to desired size or eat whole & serve.