Monica Says: You can also use leftover chicken or any meat, really. If using larger chunks, like chicken, cube the meat.
Author: Monica Fawver
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 5 potatoes
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms, canned
- 2 c. fresh or frozen vegetables, your choice
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Peel & quarter the potatoes, then mash with a little of the cooking liquid. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the meat over medium-high heat. Drain fat from pan. If using leftover meat, heat & add to the skillet. Stir in mushrooms, vegetables, mushroom & celery soups, salt, & pepper; heat through. Pour into prepared baking dish; cover with mashed potatoes & dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden & meat & vegetable mixture is hot & bubbly.
Photo Courtesy of Sodanie Chea on Flickr