Author: Marilyn Braunger
Recipe type: Entree
- 3½ - 4 lb. chicken, cut up
- ½ c. flour
- ½ c. olive or cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 2 c. diced tomatoes
- ¼ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- Dredge pieces of chicken with flour. Heat oil in large skillet.
- Brown chicken on all sides in oil. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover; simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Serve with hot cooked spaghetti & grated Parmesan cheese.
Photo Courtesy of Peter Sejersen on Flickr
Thanks very much for that! My aunt recently harvested a garden full of tomatoes before the winter really set in, and I find myself the proud owner of two or three buckets worth! Of course I couldnt eat them all like that, but I did find a website full of loads more tomato recipes at this site. A website dedicated the topic!! Crazy what you can find on the internets nowadays!!