Submitted by Ruth
|½ c. self-rising flour||1/3 c. plain flour|
|150g unsalted butter, softened||1 ¼ c. soft brown sugar|
|2 eggs||1 tbsp milk|
|1 tsp vanilla extract||75g walnut halves, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). Lightly grease a 20cm square (8″) tin & line the base with baking paper.
- Sift the flours together into a bowl. In a large bowl, beat the butter & the sugar until light & creamy. Add 1 egg, beat well & add 1 tbsp of the flour mixture.
- Beat in the second egg, milk, & vanilla. Fold in the remaining flour & ½ c. walnuts. Spoon into the tin & smooth the surface.
- Scatter the top with the remaining chopped walnuts & some extra brown sugar. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Carefully turn out & cut into squares.