Submitted by Jayashree T. Rao
Asafoetida may look like a typo, but it’s a dried latex derived from roots used in middle eastern cuisine. It’s supposed to taste similar to leeks when cooked.
Author: Jayashree T. Rao
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- ½ kg. potatoes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- ½ tsp mustard
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to Taste
- Take a microwave safe bowl, add oil with cumin, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Microwave for thirty seconds. Put the potato pieces into it.
- Microwave on 600 Watt power for five minutes. Stir in between.
- Add salt and mix well. Continue to microwave for another ten minutes.
- It gives a nice crisp look. Add chili powder and give a toss.
- You can again microwave for 30 seconds if you wish.
My husband ADORES potatoes, however, he typically likes them with just salt and pepper on them… I wonder how he would react to a recipe like this!! I should give it a go! 🙂